Our Connecting Families team works to our five main outcomes:
- Families are supported
- Families are included
- Families are recognised
- Families are connected to communities
- Families are a movement for change
The approaches and values that underpin our work:
- We focus on processes over outcomes
- We connect with people around what is widely and deeply felt
- We work with communities of interest or geography
- We think about how family voices are heard in the work we are doing
- We look for opportunities to promote a rights-based approach
- We share what we are learning
We are guided by the National Standards for Community Engagement, which are good-practice principles designed to improve and guide the process of community engagement. You can read more here.
As team members, we consider and develop our own competencies referencing the Community Learning and Development Council Competent Practitioner Framework.
Our Communities Team:
In 2018 we launched our Connecting families programme starting with community events across Scotland. We developed each event with local organisations, families with lived experience and community groups.
- ‘[We need] more community spirit being created and more connections between people.’
- ‘Linking different communities is important, we are the only family support group in the area.’
- ‘Community spirit making recovery visible and achievable.’
Find out more about our projects below!