Home Forums Newbies Corner Need advice

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rebecca Bradley 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mabel Love
    Participant

My partner is an alcoholic in recovery, he uses cannabis daily (I have been clean for two months) today he left his phone at home and i went on it to look up his work number, as he cycles to work and i worried he would think he dropped it enroute, well I don’t use a smart phone so went into the wrong area and found texts too and from a dealer and they were about buying sniff, which I googled and is a slang term for cocaine, I knew he had an issue with this before as I found out earlier this year and i went with him to drugs action, he’s back on it, I found a small baggie last week and he denied it, to my face, I have supported him through slips with alcohol and with other substance use, but I’m in bits today, I feel paralyzed, he I so good at blame shifting, and seems to have no empathy or respect for me, he ripple through 20 grand this year on cocaine and i stood by him, hate the addiction not the addict right?
    I can’t do it any more, I, scared and lonely and emotionally broken, I’m on antidepressants and beta blockers through this all. I don’t know what to do, should I ask him to leave? Or should i start to recognise I’m an enabler?

Rebecca Bradley

Hi Mabel. Sorry to hear about your partner and everything you are going through. I think it’s best if you call a helpline and just get everything off your chest, just talking to someone can be a huge help. Have you tried contacting Scottish Families’ helpline? It’s 08080 10 10 11 or you can email helpline@sfad.org.uk whoever it is on the call will be able to listen and to give you some information on services who will be able to help you. The main thing here is looking after yourself and your health.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies.

Accept