We want you to pull on your trainers and get fundraising!
Here is a list of upcoming events in 2018 to inspire you, if you would like to discuss any of these opportunities please contact 0141 465 7523 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Edinburgh Marathon Festival, 25th – 26th May (2019)
- Great Women’s 10K, Glasgow 10th June
- Men’s 10K, Glasgow, 17th June
- Great Scottish Run, Glasgow 29th – 30th September
- Kelpies Supernova 5K, 9th -11th November
- Glasgow Santa Dash, 5K December, exact date TBC
- The Glasgow Kiltwalk, 29th April
- The Aberdeen Kiltwalk, 3rd June
- The Dundee Kiltwalk, 19th August
- The Edinburgh Kiltwalk, 16th September
- Pedal for Scotland, 9th September
What is the Kiltwalk?
The Kiltwalk is one of Scotland’s most iconic events that sees thousands of passionate Scots walk either6, 13 or 26 miles for their favourite charity and raise sponsorship. Scottish Families offers a FREE place to anyone wanting to take part PLUS every penny you raise gets a 40% match from the Hunter Foundation (if you raised £100, we get £140)
In 2017 our Kiltwalk heroes raised over £10,000. For 2018 we want to smash this target and with your help, we can do it. Our goal is to get 100 people to take part and we want YOU to join #TeamSFAD.
Here are 5 great reasons to take part:
- Whatever distance you choose to walk, you will need to pull on your trainers or walking boots and do some training. Walking is a fantastic and free exercise and the Kiltwalk is a great reason to get moving.
- Taking part in the Kiltwalk is so much more fun as part of a team. Why not get a group of friends, family or work colleagues to take part with you? The Kiltwalk is a great chance to spend time together working towards a goal.
- The Kiltwalk takes place in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. All the routes take you past some truly stunning locations in Scotland. We can’t guarantee the weather but we bet you will enjoy the great outdoors even in a waterproof.
- The Kiltwalk is one of the biggest fundraising events in Scotland, year after year more people are signing up to take part in the challenge. With an unbeatable atmosphere, the Kiltwalk rightly has the reputation of being one of the most fun fundraising events to be part of.
- For all!
- With a choice of distances, the Kiltwalk is suitable no matter what your age or ability. Kids and families love the 6 mile Wee Wander, work teams can try the 11 mile Big Stroll and anyone who loves a challenge should try the 25 miles Mighty Stride.