Fundraising & Events
Whether you want to try something sporty, something adventurous or something to bring friends and family together, taking part in an event is a great way to support us, have fun, and be part of #TeamSFAD.
Host your own
Hosting a fundraising event is a great way to bring your friends and family together and work towards raising a great total together. No matter the size and shape of your event, we would love to hear all about it and help you in any way we can.
How we can help
- Ideas and tip on how to maximise your fundraising
- Scottish Families materials including t-shirts, pens and our well-known teabags and bracelets
- More information on what we do and family support – leaflets, banners and more!
- Need a speaker? One of our staff would be happy to come along and fill your guests in about our charity.
Inspiration and ideas
- Coffee Morning – a classic for a reason! Coffee mornings are easy to organise but don’t underestimate how much they can raise, especially if you have some talented bakers on your side. Charge for entry or charge per cake.
- Afternoon Tea/Dinner Party – take it to the next level and host a sophisticated afternoon tea or dinner party. Ask your guests to make a donation when they come along.
- Pyjama party/Movie night – self-explanatory and always great and cosy.
- Sports Day – not just for the playground!
Because we believe that everyone can benefit from having some alcohol-free space, we do not promote events that involve alcohol or use alcohol as prizes and we would ask our supporters to do the same.
Fundraise at work
We love working with companies – big and small! Fundraising at work is a great way to get your staff together and motivate your team.
Can you help us have 100 heroes for Kiltwalk 2018?
In 2017 our Kiltwalk heroes raised over £10,000. For 2018 we want to raise even more and with your help, we can do it. Our goal is to get 100 people to take part and join #TeamSFAD.
Whether you want to walk 6, 11 or 25 miles, there are so many great reasons to take part in the Kiltwalk.
- FIT! Whatever distance you choose to walk, you will need to pull on your trainers or walking boots and do some training. Walking is a fantastic and free exercise and the Kiltwalk is a great reason to get moving.
- FRIENDLY! Taking part in the Kiltwalk is so much more fun as part of a team. Why not get a group of friends, family or work colleagues to take part with you? The Kiltwalk is a great chance to spend time together working towards a goal.
- ALFRESCO! The Kiltwalk takes place in Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh. All the routes take you past some truly stunning locations in Scotland. We can’t guarantee the weather but we bet you will enjoy the great outdoors even in a waterproof.
- FUN! The Kiltwalk is one of the biggest fundraising events in Scotland, year after year more people are signing up to take part in the challenge. With an unbeatable atmosphere, the Kiltwalk rightly has the reputation of being one of the most fun fundraising events to be part of.
- FOR ALL! With a choice of distances, the Kiltwalk is suitable no matter what your age or ability. Kids and families love the 6 mile Wee Wander, work teams can try the 11 mile Big Stroll and anyone who loves a challenge should try the 25 miles Mighty Stride.
Read our guest blog from Christina Campbell about her Kiltwalk experience.
How your money helps
Scottish Families receives money from Scottish Government to fund our staff and core costs. We rely on funding through Alcohol and Drug Partnerships, trusts, foundations and all kinds of fundraising, including donations, corporate support, and events, to keep our services running.
- £5 could pay for teas and coffees at our family support groups
- £25 could pay for information leaflets to be printed
- £40 could pay for one hour of bereavement counselling
- £100 could pay for volunteer helpline training
- £200 could pay for a course of Telehealth support
- £250 could help get a family support group up and running
- £1000 could provide a space to host a family support group for 6 months
- Kiltwalk – http://www.thekiltwalk.co.uk/
- Great Run, Glasgow 10k June 2018 – http://www.greatrun.org/great-womens-run
- Great Scottish Run – http://greatscottishrun.com/
- Pedal for Scotland – http://pedalforscotland.org/
- To register for these events, visit the websites and register directly to each event. Contact us after and we will sort out everything you need to start fundraising – including one of our blue shirts!
Have you always fancied doing something a bit out of the ordinary? Whether you choose bungee jumping, abseiling or zip sliding, we can help you get a spot booked and help you reach your fundraising target.
If you have an event in mind that you would like to take part in and raise money for us, we would love to hear from you.
Contact us on 0141 465 7523 and ask for Sarah Nottingham or email firstname.lastname@example.org.