How Your Support Makes A Difference
We receive 20% of our core funding from the Scottish Government, the rest of our funding comes from grants, trusts and donations. In 2020/21 thanks to the support of our funders and the public we reached 3000 more families.
Your support makes a big difference.
- £7 could pay for a pack of craft materials to be delivered to a family at home, allowing them to join in with a fun virtual activity.
- £13 could pay for an hour of staff support for our helpline, which receives around 200 contacts per month.
- £18 could pay for a session of one to one support, giving families a place to speak and be heard.
- £33 could pay for the delivery of Naloxone, a lifesaving medication posted directly to anyone who needs it.
- £40 could pay for an hour of bereavement counselling, supporting anyone who has lost a loved one to drugs or alcohol.
- £68 could pay for a week’s worth of travel for our Routes project, making sure we get to young people in their local community.
- £110 could pay for the ingredients for a cookery class providing a nutritious meal and teaching life skills to 22 young people.
Alcohol and drug use affects families from every community in Scotland, but much of this harm remains hidden from view. Families feel isolated, ashamed, stigmatised and often don’t know where to turn. Scottish Families is there when they need us. All donations, no matter how small, help us carry out our work and reach more families.
Make A Donation
You can donate to us online:
- Make a one-off donation through PayPal
- Set up a recurring donation through PayPal
- Donate through JustGiving
‘Speaking with you today I feel like I have, at last, found where I need to be. I have tried for years to get help for my daughter, and nobody listens. I understand she has complex needs but she needs support. Listening to you explain my daughter’s situation to me helps me understand and I feel like you have been watching my entire life, you really get it. Thank you for the referral to the family support team. I feel life could get better for us all.’ – Family Member, Helpline
You can help families in Scotland by making a one-off or regular donation.
If you are a UK income taxpayer, you can maximise your donation through the Gift Aid scheme. To enable us to claim Gift Aid, adding 25p to every £1 you donate at no cost to you, please complete the Gift Aid declaration on our online forms.
‘The support that you offer families really is life-changing. I have referred family members to your service, and I am supporting their loved one. Having spoken to mum a number of times when she has been in with her son for his appointment she says her life has completely changed with your support. I can see a huge difference. She looks well, she is happier and has a spring in her step. I don’t know what we would do without your ongoing help.’ – Professional (after referring a family member to our service)
We know that families do an amazing job supporting their loved one but they should not have to do this alone. Your support ensures that we can keep providing our services to anyone that needs support. To give monthly and provide a lifeline for families, please use the donation form.