Scottish Families plays an active role in shaping and influencing policy and practice. We were set up by families themselves who wanted to support each other but also to form a united voice to campaign for recognition and for change.
We are members of a number of expert groups and partnerships, including parliamentary cross-party groups, local and national strategy and service development groups, and advocacy groups.
Through our policy work we aim to:
- Raise the profile of families affected by alcohol and drugs
- Ensure families have a strong voice
- Share learning and evidence
- Influence changes and improvements in policy and practice
- Tackle stigma
- Increase understanding and connections.
You can read our recent policy consultation responses here and read a number of Scottish Families and other useful reports here.