Breakaway Recovery Drop In – Whitburn
When clients come to a drop‐in we will listen to their problems and talk about ways we can help. If they want further help we will arrange a key worker for them from one of the three teams who can complete a full assessment with them and agree a plan. Clients should come sober or straight enough to talk about their problems.
We do not start prescribing medication at drop‐ins. If for any reason they can’t attend one of the drop‐ins they can self‐refer by telephone and arrange a more suitable meeting.
Help available: The Addictions Care Partnership teams can access or direct clients to a wide range of services including:
- Information and advice,
- Self‐help groups,
- Individual support and group work,
- Medicines for relapse prevention,
- Substitute prescribing,
- Detox either at home or in hospital,
- Residential rehab,
- Blood borne virus screening, immunisation and advice,
- Practical support for housing and financial issues,
- Support to access training and/or employment,
- Support for parenting,
- Support for family members.
Where and When – Clients can attend any of the drop‐ins. No appointment needed.
Drop in runs Fridays, 9.30am – 11.30am
- Adult Alcohol Treatment
- Adult Drug Treatment
- Blood Borne Viruses (HIV HepC Hepatitis)
- Harm Reduction
- Young Persons Alcohol Treatment
- Young Persons Drug Treatment