Orkney Community Mental Health Substance Misuse Team
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. The Service is for those aged 18 years and over self referral are accepted but GP referral is preferable with the Clients consent. Support for those with Dual Diagnosis, Alcohol and Drug Problems.
The Team comprises of Community Mental Health Nurses and Social Care Workers. We also have direct access to Psychiatry and Psychology Services. We are supported by Social Workers and an Occupational Therapist.
The Service offers a range of evidence based interventions to address the needs of individuals with substance use issues. These include:
- comprehensive assessments;
- client centred care planning;
- alcohol or drug detoxification;
- harm reduction strategies;
- access to Rehabilitation programmes;
- Recovery based treatments;
- Psychological Therapies;
- signposting to appropriate Services and Agencies;
- Psychoeducational and specialist advice regarding substances and Psychosocial Interventions.
We also offer Training and advice to other Agencies around substances.
- Adult Alcohol Treatment
- Adult Drug Treatment
- Harm Reduction
- Naloxone Provider