COVID – Aberdeen Substance use, Support Engagement and Treatments (ASSET)
Community based substance use service supporting adults aged 16+ who wish to address their substance use issues.
- 3rd sector organisation
- Minimal face to face contacts at present until restrictions ease.
- Staff are home working and offering telephone support to clients.
- Harm reduction work being carried out via mobile phone for Naloxone and needle exchange
- Service operating Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm
- Contact service to see what supports are available at present
Specific areas of work carried out include;
- Relapse prevention,
- Anger Management,
- Alternative Therapies,
- Offending Behaviour Drop-in
- Service User Forums
- Referral for substitute prescribing through Kessock Clinic and supportive detoxification.
- Hepatology nurse for advice on Blood borne viruses and testing.
- Drop in sessions for advice, information and brief crisis interventions.
- Custody referral Scheme and opportunity to reduce offending (ORCA).
- Support to access other agencies such as housing, benefits or Citizen’s advice.
- Programme on overdose prevention and take home Naloxone.
- Dry Blood Spot Testing.
- Keep Well Checks
- Adult Alcohol Treatment
- Adult Drug Treatment
- Blood Borne Viruses (HIV HepC Hepatitis)
- Needle Exchange
- Young Persons Alcohol Treatment
- Young Persons Drug Treatment