COVID – Alcohol & Drugs Action – Aberdeen
Support is still being offered in line with Covid guidelines.
Offers support to individuals living in Aberdeen City who are experiencing problems with alcohol and/or drugs.
Call their helpline for access to any of their support meetings/info Freephone helpline 0333 344 8355 (charges apply for PAYG mobiles). Helpline opening hours 1030am-1pm & 2-5pm Monday-Friday and 12-1pm & 2-5pm at weekends.
Available services can be found on their website – https://www.alcoholanddrugsaction.org.uk/services/recovery
Webchat – www.alcoholanddrugsaction.org.uk available 1200-1300 & 1400-1700 daily, will have additional coverage between 1900-2100 Tuesday & Thursday.
Check the Facebook page for further updates.
- Charity providing advice, information and targeted interventions on all alcohol and drug-related issues in Aberdeen city and open to those living in Aberdeenshire.
- Minimal Face to Face interventions but support over the phone/online.
- Online schedule of support available here – https://www.alcoholanddrugsaction.org.uk/uploads/images/Online-services.pdf All Recovery Meetings are open to anyone in Recovery (and can be accessed via contacting their helpline for access codes/links)
- Needle Exchange – “Sharp Response” needle delivery and pick up service (Aberdeen) and postal services (Grampian-wide) are available 7 days a week. Its open 10.30am-1.30pm, 2pm-5pm. Sat-Sun: 2pm-5pm to facilitate self service or assisted needle exchange. For those unable to attend for pick up phone helpline to place your order and they will be delivered on either Monday or Thursday afternoon.
- Family support for families living in Aberdeen city only
- Family Support Group- Online service currently available on Wednesdays at 1930-2100 (fortnightly) from 06.01.21
- Meetings can be accessed via Helpline referral or email to email@example.com
- Adult Alcohol Treatment
- Adult Drug Treatment
- Bereavement Support
- Blood Borne Viruses (HIV HepC Hepatitis)
- Community Groups (Recovery friendly)
- Family Support - Peer support
- Harm Reduction
- Mutual Aid
- Needle Exchange
- Young Persons Drug Treatment