COVID – First Kirkcaldy
Covid Update – During the current Covid-19 pandemic, FIRST are continuing to provide telephone appointments to all clients. If you would like an appointment with FIRST, please contact us on 01592 585960.
Fife Intensive Rehabilitation and Substance Misuse Team (FIRST) is Fife’s only community rehabilitation service. We work with individuals who have substance use problems via one to one, group and volunteer support.
As well as the above we also have / provide: –
- A Condom Distribution Scheme,
- Pregnancy Testing,
- Auricular Acupuncture,
- SMART Meetings,
- Peer Support,
- Aftercare Service,
- A Residential Rehabilitation Service,
- Dry Blood Spot Testing,
- Breath Alcohol Readings,
- Oral Fluid Testing,
- Naloxone Training,
- Overdose Intervention and Prevention Training,
- Trauma Resources Group.
- We do not provide counselling or prescribe for clients. Rather we work with clients on all the other issues that are preventing from them moving on from using substances.
IF YOU ARE ALREADY ACTIVE WITH ANOTHER SUBSTANCE MISUSE SERVICE IN FIFE AND WISH TO BE REFERRED TO FIRST, THERE IS NO NEED TO ATTEND A DROP-IN/COMPLETE A TRIAGE FORM – SIMPLY ADVISE THIS TO STAFF WHEN YOU CALL/DROP-IN. WE CAN THEN OBTAIN THE SINGLE SHARED ASSESSMENT FORM FROM THE AGENCY DIRECT WITH YOUR PERMISSION.
However, if you are not active with another service, FIRST offer a triage drop-in clinic in Kirkcaldy where you can speak to a worker and refer yourself to appropriate services. Kirkcaldy every Wednesday between 10 am and 12 noon at our Kirkcaldy Office, 3 South Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1YA
- Adult Alcohol Treatment
- Adult Drug Treatment
- Blood Borne Viruses (HIV HepC Hepatitis)
- Harm Reduction
- Mutual Aid
- Young Persons Alcohol Treatment
- Young Persons Drug Treatment