Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kookii
    Participant

I’ve been with my partner for 6 years we have a 3 year old son together and have been living together for 4 years. He has taken drugs for as long as I’ve known him. He smokes cannabis regularly and takes cocaine occasionally however things have spiralled. Roumours have been going around our area that my boyfriend has started smoking cocaine. I questioned him about this gave him a chance to admit the truth he strongly denied it and even swore on our ssons life that he hasn’t smoked it. Last night before I went for a shower I went to oopen a new bath set I received for Christmas and what do I find in the box instead of a bath set? A plastic bottle with tin foil, a lighter, a child’s medicine syringe and an old lemsip bottle with ammonia in it. I know this ammonia is used with cocaine to make cocaine smokeable. I obviously confronted him about it he continued to deny it until eventually h he admitted it. He says he only tried it once and only because he was listening to the wrong type of people who aren’t his usual friends who suggested he smoked it instead of snorting it. I feel physically ssick I don’t even want to touch him he’s disgusted me of course I still love him but I don’t know what to do. Now can I believe anything he is saying when the past few weeks I’ve heard so much lies. Can someone help me I don’t know where to turn or who to speak to. I’ve not slept or eaten since I’ve found this and my son needs me to be strong but I can’t help but feel this anger and disgust towards my boyfriend what do I do?

Martha Rae

Hi Kookii,
    I am a family support worker from Scottish Families. I’m really sorry to hear about your partner. It can be very confusing to know the best way to move forwards. You cannot help how you feel at the moment, it will be a big shock for you. The most important thing is that you keep yourself okay and figure out what you want. It may be beneficial to access some support for yourself so that you can work through some of your concerns and hopefully get guidance on how best to support your partner too. At Scottish Families we can offer one-to-one over the phone support or can help you to access local support in your area. If you were interested in accessing support please email helpline@sfad.org.uk with your contact phone number and I will call you to discuss.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies.

Accept