Through Family Voices
We had a very busy, action-packed year in 2018/19 and we want to share our impact with you.
We decided this year that rather than just putting numbers on a page, we would ask the people we support (and who support us) to write a short story on their experiences with Scottish Families.
Our impact report is organised into our five main outcomes:
- Families are supported
- Families are included
- Families are recognised
- Families are connected to communities
- Families are a movement for change
Under each outcome, we have shared a family story. What better way to show our impact than hearing it from the incredible people we work with and support?
Our summarised figures for 2018/19:
- 951 Helpline contacts
- 139 Telehealth referrals
- 126 Bereavement referrals
- 105 new referrals in Forth Valley
- 58 new referrals in East Dunbartonshire
- 1,193 workforce trained
- 96,062 website views
- 402 mailing list subscribers
- 740 Community contacts
- 296 at Connecting Families events
- 99 Family Recovery Initiative Fund enquiries
- £182,071 raised through fundraising
‘Thank you for your text. My son is doing brilliant and has not had a drink in months. Things are really good for us as a family. I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there with me. I don’t think I would have had the strength to carry on if I didn’t know you were only a phone call away. I’ve got my kind loving son back and I hope it stays that way. I am really proud of him. Thank you so much for being there for me.’ – Linda (name change)